20.6.11

Wild. Fascinating. Mercura.


Lets talk about, Mercura NYC Sunglasses - Rumor has it, "THE CHELSEA HOTEL" gave birth to the wild Mercura Sunglasses in the mid 1970's.  Who knew?  Apparently, two sisters, inspired by their parents and their backgrounds, decided to take creativity to another level.  Collaborating together to make unique jewelry, metal head dresses, crowns, cigarette holders and the FAMOUS EYEWARE! 
What caught my eye was the fascinating sunglasses. The more I researched their work, the more I fell in love !  I haven't found an outlet to purchase a pair.   If anyone comes across these fab specs (online or at a boutique) please let me know* They are so unique and fun. :) 
Celebrities and fashionistas around the world can be spotted wearing the coveted Mercura. Most recently seen on Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift -certainly proves the versatility of these wicked glasses.
xx-hotbynight














4 comments: